In November 2016 ELMAN has successfully delivered a VHF Communication System which is part of the Coastal Surveillance System (CSS) Network for the Maldives archipelago.
The System consists of:
- 10 Remote Sites, including 1 VHF FM IMM band transceiver, 1 VHF AM Airband transceiver, VoIP Radio-Gateways and analogue voice recording system. 7 RSs are also equipped with an AIS receiver.
- 1 Control Centre, including 3 Operator Positions and all the necessary Servers/components to allow the following operations:
- voice communications among operators and ships at sea in the VHF IMM band
- voice communications among operators and aircrafts in the VHF Airband
- voice communications towards the PSTN
- management of DSC messages to/from the ships in the VHF band, according to recommendations ITU-R M.541 and ITU-R M.493
The RSs and CC are interconnected by means of a GFE WAN based on IP networking protocol. The use and the control of the VHF transceivers relies on an integrated communication environment based on VoIP technology.